EMS in UK & Ireland-Seeking visit or ride along across the pond

Hello EMS friends,

I will be traveling to the UK and Ireland in June 2019 (next month!) and I am hoping to learn more about the EMS systems in England, Wales, Scottland, and Ireland first hand. The process of cold contacting all these agencies seems overwhelming (although I will if needed). My excitement was dashed a bit when I read on their website that London Ambulance Service does not do ride alongs. But they will allow other healthcare providers to visit with the proper paperwork. 

To my colleagues across the pond: Can you give me any insight into how to approach this? Do you know of any 911 agencies that would allow an international ride along? Where should I start?

A bit about me. I am a paramedic of over ten years and an EMS instructor. I am also a nurse practitioner specializing in emergency medicine and a former ER nurse. I can provide all manner of background checks and letters of introduction/recommendation from my employers and faculty. 

Is this realistic? Can it be done? Thank you in advance. 

Edited by Riblett

Hey Riblett,  you might be better served to look to Facebook on this rather than here.  this sites sort of dead now.  No offense to this site but it it what it is.  

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.