IS ANY ONE ELSE OUT THERE CALLED AN AMBULANCE DRIVER

ffemt819

Yes sadly I have and so have my workers. It is very rude when people on the street do not understande the way the EMS system has changed. I can say though its not all the peoples falt. there are volly comps out there that need just one EMT-B an aid and a driver. The aids and drivers just need to be CPR trained.

Good Bye

Hannah

Not only have I been called an ambulance driver, I have the shirt to prove it.

THe wife and I were at a store that sold fire fighter and EMT gear, I saw a t-shirt with Ambulance Driver mirror imaged and started laughing at it. My wife bought that t-shirt for me as a gift. So as some others have said, go with the flow

• 2 weeks later...

A lot of people I know just think Paramedics and EMT’s transport people to the hospital and thats it, but they don’t know all they really do. When people ask me what I want to do and I say I wan to be a paramedic most of them say haven’t you ever thought about nursing and I say no I want to be a paramedic not a nurse. Those I know who think being a paramedic is a good job because you help people are those who have been in ambulances before and respect what they do. I always got excited to see ambulances when I was younger because I thought they were so cool and so were EMT’s and Paramedics. I never got as excited to see cop cars, fire trucks, or the hospital. I have heard many people call paramedics and EMT's ambulance drivers before.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.