Beginning of a new era

Just Plain Ruff

Ok, so I can make it official.  I got the call with the offer.  I will find out my start date Friday when I go down and pee in a cup and sign the forms for my background check.  I'm clean as a whistle though so that shouldn't be a problem. 

Now I gotta figure out how to pay for all the gear(I'm not a noob so I won't go overboard) that I need. 

2 - 3 pairs of ems pants

stethoscope

shears

boots

They provide the shirts but I have to buy them(they order them for me)

pen light

Belt

Already have my field guide

I think that's what a guy with a few years under his belt in the field actually needs.  

any other suggestions that won't make me look like a total dumbass????

I think you should be good. If you are looking for a stethoscope, but don’t want to purchase an expensive one. ADC & MDF make good quality ones.

Ok, heres what I purchased today from Amazon

shears   BONTIME Trauma Shears - Premium Quality EMT Shears, Stainless Steel Bandage Scissors for Medical, First Aid, ER, Nurse, Doctor, 7-Inch(2- Pack,

boots - already have non-steel toed boots.  I think I can wait a while to purchase those if ever.  I never needed them when I was practicing prior to leaving so I'm hedging my bets that I won't need them now. 

pen light  - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07N1G7179/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Belt - going to purchase the belt when I get my pants

Already have my field guide - have purchased already

I think that's what a guy with a few years under his belt in the field actually needs.  

any other suggestions that won't make me look like a total dumbass????

One other thing,  after digging through my storage boxes, I found my Littman Cardiology II stethoscope that I've had since 1992.  The only thing I need to purchase is new earpieces as there is a hole in one of them  The replacement earpieces will be here tomorrow.  

Edited by Just Plain Ruff
add

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.