Beginning of a new era

Just Plain Ruff

So today, after being out of the field for a very long time - I'm interviewing for a field medic job with a local company at 230 today.  Nervous but confident in my ability to do the job.  

Wish me luck.  

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I got a tentative job offer same day, but he wanted to talk to the crews and also see what HR had to say.  I was hoping for a phone call today.  

I'm patient.  We shall see.   

12 minutes ago, Just Plain Ruff said:

Well, I got a tentative job offer same day, but he wanted to talk to the crews and also see what HR had to say.  I was hoping for a phone call today.  

I'm patient.  We shall see.   

I'm going with a probable welcome back to the field. Sometimes it's nice when what's old is new again. I spend most of my time flying now but still enjoy the occasional shift working a street car. I like the reminder as to where I came from and why I decided to move into my current area of practice.

Yeah,  I'm taking a video refresher course by Jon Puryear - learning a lot - I guess that's why they call it a refresher right.

Just took ACLS last week - learned some good stuff

Taking PHTLS wed and thusday of this week

PALS soon

Start date would be May 15th as that's the next orientation date.  I should be all certed up by then.  

It also gives me time to keep working my part time consulting project and get some money to buy my EMS Gear that I'm going to need.  

nervous but ready.  

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.