Consulting?

yakc130

Twenty eight years in and I'm thinking that I've finally gotten to the point where I need to find something else. I'm tired of slinging these whales around. Actually, my back is telling me this. 😋

Anyone doing this? How did you start? Are you working for someone, or did you start your own business? What kind of experience has it required?

I can't think of anything else to do.  I'd really hate to just abandon all this time and experience that I have when someone else may be able to make use of it. 

What kind of consulting do you want to do? 

Healthcare 

EMS

computer?

Let me know

If it's healthcare - I have info that I can share with you.  You can reach me directly at ruffems@gmail.com

Not sure, but most likely it would be EMS. Healthcare second. 

My apparent issue is that I don't have any degrees in anything. All I have is experience, and that seems to be an issue. People want to deal with folks who have diplomas and degrees, but not necessarily any experience. 

have you thought about working QA/QI. For my agency it is integrated into our regular work but I know that for some larger agencies it is its own position. No more hefting people around. Plus the good insight from the years of experience makes for great case reviews for education. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/28/2018 at 7:52 AM, yakc130 said:

Not sure, but most likely it would be EMS. Healthcare second. 

My apparent issue is that I don't have any degrees in anything. All I have is experience, and that seems to be an issue. People want to deal with folks who have diplomas and degrees, but not necessarily any experience. 

Yes the degree will be your issue.  Most of the companies that I have worked with will not talk with you unless you have the degree.  I'm not sure why.  If you can do the job without the degree then why do you need a degree.  

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.