Is getting CEVO/EVO training worth doing even without a driver's license?

I don't have a good driving record but I have a friend who told me the company he works for has him as an EMT with a driving restriction since he also didn't have a great record so I've decided to just not drive anymore and gave up my car so to clean up my record. Anyways, I digress. I still have an active driver's license and would like to know if going through the CEVO/EVO training would be worthwhile. In general, I'm just very interested in learning the whole process. I'm also a nursing student so I like to keep my medical knowledge sharp so decided doing EMT while in nursing school.

Thank you in advance for your input!

Edited by The0Walrus

Your post is confusing,  how are you going to get better as a driver except to drive?  I don't know of many EMT jobs that don't require driving as part of their duties.  

Plus, what medical knowledge are you not keeping sharp while in nursing school.  If I were you, I would concentrate on learning the nursing school part and leaving EMT behind because in Nursing School you will be learning so much more than what an EMT will learn.  

CEVO/EVO is not a bad thing to take, it will make you a better emergency operations driver but if you really are that crappy of a driver in real life, it won't make up for the lack of you being a crappy driver.  I would personally start out with maybe a drivers education course to begin with.  

Of course this depends on why you have such a bad driving record - is it tickets or speeding or wrecks or what exactly is your issue?  If you are going to come back with DWI - don't bother responding.