This post is for all of your potential EMT's PAramedic's who are discouraged because you have taken the test and didn't make it. I have been an Iowa Paramedic for 10 years, outside the state of Iowa I am an I-99. I have taken the NREMT Paramedic test 13 times total. I was to the point of that if I didn't pass before 3/31/18 I would lose my paramedic and go down to an AEMT losing half of my skills. I had tried everything you can think of I used Medic skills, EMT test prep, bought practice books for the test. Bought a book from the school that I got my BS degree in that was for the NREMT. My next to the last attempt was in Jan and failed. I studied contact Distance CME to enroll in their NREMT test prep program. I then scheduled the test for this past weekend. I tested on Sat. 17th. I didn't realize that I was testing on a holiday weekend so I was resigned to the long wait of waiting till Tuesday morning. I went I tested was cut off at around 80-85 questions just over an hour into the test. I was unsure how I felt coming out of the test but I felt pretty good going as the Distance CME class prepared me for the exam, During the exam, I felt like I had seen the questions before and I was pretty confident on the answers for the most part. I just out of curiosity checked the results yesterday morning. I was surprised to see that the results said exam scored. So the panic of the previous attempts had started to creep in again. I clicked on the results and to my surprise and relief, I passed. I wrote this to tell all of you that there is hope no matter how many attempts you have tried. I would highly recommend the Distance CME NREMT test prep program they have EMT and Paramedic level programs. I can now rest a little easier knowing that I have taken and passed the exam. Although I am not NREMT P I am a PM instead of a IA-P.

congrats to you.  and NEVER NEVER NEVER Let your national registry lapse for any period of time.  I did and I regret it to this day.  No way is this old fart going to go back and retake it, and thank god Missouri doesn't require grandfathered in medics to go back and get registry.  

I can still work in missouri at least until they get a wild hare and decide to make us all go and take the registry if grandfathered in.  That will be the end of my having a missouri medic license.  

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.