How do I identify?

I am currently a National Registered EMR and I am trying to understand how I would identify myself with other EMR's who are not Nationally Registered. The NR test for EMR was pretty intense and took a lot of studying to pass. I am confused if I can say I'm an EMT, NREMR. I don't want to say the wrong thing. Also the NR website allows me purchase the NR Emergency Medical Respobder patch and has NREMT embroidered on it. I've read an understand the differences of the roles of EMR to Paramedic. 

Way back when there were two certs,  emt and paramedic,  it was easy. 

Good thing I'm in Missouri where I'm grandfathered in and don't need to be Nationally registered to keep my license.  I can keep my paramedic state license and say I'm a Paramedic.  Easy peasy.  

I would say Semantics be damned.  just say how you most comfortably indentify yourself.  

Edited by Just Plain Ruff

Welcome.

If you're an EMR you're an EMR.  Just say you're an EMR.  You don't have to specify your Registry designation unless you feel compelled to or it comes up in conversation.  You can't say you're an EMT or otherwise because you're not.  Just because the patch says "NREMT" means nothing more than you are an EMR as certified by NREMT.

15 hours ago, AFDNREMR said:

My state requires NR for EMT Basic and up. Where I work I am the only EMR who went the extra and got NR everyone I work with think it's not necessary. 

I was a NR EMT-Basic 14 years ago, but I let my NR lapse.

then you can only say you are an EMR.  If you identify as and EMT then you are falsely identifying as something you are not. See Easy Peasy.  

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.