CCEMT-P and CCP-C

Hello everyone,

Has anyone taken the CCEMT-P? I am looking into taking it in the next year and am interested to get anyone that has taken it, their opinion. I have been interested in critical care for a while now and want to work on getting my critical care certification. Once I take the CCEMT-P I want to challenge the CCP-C (Basically its the ground transport critical care certification that matches the FP-C, and is given by the same organization).

After I get them I want to try and get hired to do critical care transports, not flight since it would be very hard for me to get around 200 lbs due to my height.

I have not taken it but I have many friends who have and they can't say enough about the improvement in their medical care after they took this class.  

Why not take it NOW???  Unless there are reasons why you are waiting.  

Well right now the only one offered near me starts in September that runs for 12 weeks., but I will be in some training that the fire department I work for wants me to take, and I will start precepting our new hires shortly. I could challenge the CCP-C soon, but I want to take the CCEMT-P course first that way I actually have taken a true critical care class. Since UMBC teaches it I am about 4 hours away from there and wouldn't mind taking their two week course but its $1500 for just the class not including hotel fees, food, gas, etc. So I am trying to save up to take it either there or the closer one that is $1,000 dollars.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.