Books Every Paramedic Student Should Read

pcm1696

Hey guys, I'm a new user on this site. I am done with the didactic portion of my Paramedic program and I am about to start clinical rotations. I have a little over 2 years experience in EMS as a Basic in both 911 and ER side. Any suggestions for my reading list? I am currently working on Avoiding Common Prehospital Errors and I highly recommend it.

the EKG book by Dale Dubin.  Don't let the history of Dale get you down on his book. 

Any book by Bob Page

Any book by Doc Bledsoe

Welcome & good topic.

Cases in Pre-hospital and Retreival Medicine, Ellis & Hooper 

Written in relation to commonwealth ambulance services, however, still relavent to north American models. Depending on your background and knowledge base, some parts might be a bit over your head, but lots of good cases to help consolodate and better approach scene control / management, differential diagnoses, and treatment goals. Lots and lots of little clinical pearls scattered throughout. 

I would recommend Dr. Nancy Caroline, Bob Page, Dale Dublin, Dr. Bledsoe just to name a few.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We would be delighted to get some feedback, from an EMS perspective, on our e-book and course over at:

www.ecgwaves.com

it's, to the best of our knowledge, the most comprehensive ECG learning resource online and it's FOAMed for students worldwide. We did try to emphasize on prehospital aspects whenever applicable.

would love to get som feedback in order to improve the book and course.

cheers

6 hours ago, Araz said:

We would be delighted to get some feedback, from an EMS perspective, on our e-book and course over at:

www.ecgwaves.com

it's, to the best of our knowledge, the most comprehensive ECG learning resource online and it's FOAMed for students worldwide. We did try to emphasize on prehospital aspects whenever applicable.

would love to get som feedback in order to improve the book and course.

cheers

Just tried and the message I got is that the DNS Cannot be found.  Looking at your link it's broken. 

To get to the website, it seems to not be linkable here so just type in www.ecgwaves.com   

your site is pretty well done.   A lot of information is in there.  Nice work that I can see from a cursory look.  

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.