EMS college degrees

emt2359

I have seen a lot of ads lately from different colleges that are offering bachelor degrees in EMS or EMS Management.   In checking their websites it looks like they offer 40-50 credits for a Paramedic and 12 or so for EMT.  

What are your thoughts on this?  Is this moving us in the right direction?

Depends on the school.

I've long argued the biggest problem in US EMS is education or the lack thereof.  Want to fix EMS?  Fix the education.  For profit institutions are not necessarily the best way to go about that, however.

There's a public college in Washington state that offers a bachelor's degree in paramedicine. I had a friend go through the program a couple years back and I was kinda jealous; she got to do cadaver labs. 

The county I live in requires medics to go through their specific program or your cert doesn't count, or else I'd love to get my B.S. through them. 

I was going through Bachelors program at University of Texas Health Science Center in San Antonio until life got in the way. I had to take a test to get the 52 hours credit for already being a paramedic. Some of the classes were really easy, and some made me want to pull my hair out.