Hello everybody. My name is Albert Reyes. I currently work here in Santa Clara County as an EMT. I recently published my new book "Fresh out of Emt school " Tips and tricks for the new EMT. Please visit my website at Www.freshoutofemtschool.com also my Instagram @freshoutofemtschool for my profile. I have a passion to help new EMTS as I was an FTO for many years. It prompted me to write this book!!

I just thought it oddly coincidental that we had a fellow last week wanting to write a book based upon the experiences of the folks here on the forum. My impression was that he was going to write the book in 1st person plagiarizing our experiences as his own.  His lack of integrity by writing a book that way would bring shame and blame to everyone affiliated with EMS.  There is also something that just doesn't ring true about the second guy.  Did he attempt to get his book vetted or credentialed by EMS professionals?  Does his book offer the EMS field any new knowledge or techniques? 

2 hours ago, Doc_115thSigBn said:

I just thought it oddly coincidental that we had a fellow last week wanting to write a book based upon the experiences of the folks here on the forum. My impression was that he was going to write the book in 1st person plagiarizing our experiences as his own.  His lack of integrity by writing a book that way would bring shame and blame to everyone affiliated with EMS.  There is also something that just doesn't ring true about the second guy.  Did he attempt to get his book vetted or credentialed by EMS professionals?  Does his book offer the EMS field any new knowledge or techniques? 

which one are you referring to?  I sort of rmember the one you are referring to but I cannot think of it.  Was it the one where he asked for all the funny stories we had in the field?  

• 3 months later...

Plagiarism is a major problem in academia and can never be tolerated.  I'm not accusing anybody of this but one must be careful and any publisher worth their salt would be all over this type of thing.  I have worked with two friends and our third text went to the publisher this week which meant we went out and had dinner and MANY drinks to celebrate!  Our current book is similar in topic and is titled "True Stories from the Athletic Training Room."  We collected stories from colleagues and came up with some real doozies including many that dealt with interactions what EMS but all are credited to the authors.  Our publisher has already given us a new topic and we are just starting to work on the proposal.  This type of thing is fun but it certainly doesn't pay much and does require some work.  

Education is the acquisition of knowledge.

Knowledge is familiarity gained with experience.

Wisdom is the possession of experience and knowledge.

Obviously I am not smart enough to have thought this up and I wish I could give credit to the author but I don't know where I first read this except to say I did not dream it up. 

Does that clear me from plagiarism charges?

Live long and prosper.

Spock