Syrian Attack

emt2359

It could escalate. One country attacks another, treaty nation(s) respond assisting attacked nation, other treaty nation's respond, backing the attacking nation. Each treaty nation's pulls in the other nations THEY have treaty's with, until we have an actual fully involved World War!

Its's only been 50 something years, have we forgotten the "Domino Theory"?

With all the atomic and thermonuclear arms in multiple nation's, and threat from other nations with "The Bomb," or missile systems to carry them, we are once again approaching "MAD", Mutually Assured Distruction,!

Does everyone have a bomb shelter, and 50 years of food, water, and oxygen stocking it? Welcome back to the 1950s!

I think it is appropriate to discuss.  No, it's not EMS related but that is why admin set up a non-EMS thread.  Now, if someone can't discuss politics and keep it at an adult level of behavior, maybe that person shouldn't be here.

Edited by ERDoc
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, cekuriger said:

I think that's totally irrelevant to this website, and politics are best left off of here. 

Hi.  Although politics are not for everyone, this area was designed for those that want to discuss politics and other items not EMS related.  Many of the members here have other interests besides EMS and what better place to discuss them than with people you already know from other discussions.  I welcome you to join in or perhaps find a different topics that you enjoy and post.  

• Like 4

The "good" guys and the "bad" guys aren't really hard to separate out of this conflict. In this civil war, both sides are bad guys by Western Civilization standards. The Syrian president was attempting to kill Syrian rebels which include elements of ISIS, which is a good thing, but he has no regard for innocent human life which makes you wonder what he'll be up to when he wins with the help of the Russians.

The world has stood by in the past as maniacs slaughter by the hundreds of thousands. There just comes a time when decent people need to say enough.

I was in Iraq multiple times and on multiple occasions we were attacked by people that walked past us.  There are no uniforms, no lines.  It's a bad situation made worse by a mad man with chemical weapons.  Since I got booted medically I've had to watch cities I fought in fall to evil hands and watch my brothers go and take them back.  It leaves a bitter taste.  This situation will put us in a bad spot, meaning there is no real win, but there is a defend the weak.  If we send ground troops the leash better be off.  

• Like 1