Hi guys! 

So I've noticed previous posts about this and have researched it for hours. Unfortunately most posts on here are rather old. I'm hoping some of you have new info! I'm currently a certified paramedic in Ontario and Alberta, looking into the process of moving to the US. Any kind of information (as current as possible) would be awesome! 

Thanks! 

First  you should reach out to the National Registry of EMT's   I believe the website is www.nremtp.org  but I could be off on that.  

find out what it takes to get your NREMTP for the states.  Email to them is returned if you go that route. 

then find whatever state you are looking to move to and look at their bureau of EMS website or whoever governs their EMS.  

Find out from that state what it takes to get your license in that state. 

Next, begin the process of getting licensure in that state.  

Not much help but hopefully it pushes you to the right places.  By the way one big caveat on this question

your BEST information will come directly from the NREMT and the respective states.  you can rely on information from this site for a lot of things but when it comes to your livelihood, NOTHING is better than speaking directly to the people in those orgs.  Trust me, it will save you time, money and possibly heart ache if you rely only on information received from this forum or another facebook forum you might be asking this in.  Not bashing any information you get from non-sanctioned sites but I've been there before and I only wish that I had talked to the people in the know rather than relied on info from internet experts.  Again not bashing any of the people here, we're good people.  

• 5 weeks later...
On 3/29/2017 at 0:48 AM, Stephni said:

Hi guys! 

So I've noticed previous posts about this and have researched it for hours. Unfortunately most posts on here are rather old. I'm hoping some of you have new info! I'm currently a certified paramedic in Ontario and Alberta, looking into the process of moving to the US. Any kind of information (as current as possible) would be awesome! 

Thanks! 

Before you go through some long process, a couple of questions. Are you admissible to the US on some form of work visa (typically employer sponsored)? Are you aware of the average wages for paramedics in the US compared to Canada?

I can't touch on immigration law, but I can tell you paramedics on average are paid dramatically better in Canada (even factoring in our current rubbish currency exchange rate).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.