Where has everyone gone?

Just Plain Ruff

I think what would help is if users would start new topics.  I have changed a few things that should help.  New topics are now posted on our facebook page and clicking the snippet brings you right to the site.  This will increase the visitors.  Good content started by users will hook them and engage them.  It is a slow process, but I think it will be a start.  

14 hours ago, scott33 said:

That's the one I was referring to, yes.

I have nothing against that site, I'm a member, prolly not in great standing but I'm still a member.  I just choose not to spend a lot of time there.  

Unfortunately, my views have changed so much and I'm quite uncertain about past assertions, particularly in terms of education and experience that I don't think I have much beyond speculation to offer. Additionally, I'm just not as interested in discussing EMS related topics. I had a big shift in interests while in graduate school and while overlap exists with EMS, it's not as interesting or robust. Finally, I have hobbies away from EMS that demand much of my free time and if it's between an involved discussion on a computer or going out for a trail ride or endurance run, I'll choose the out of doors every time. 

I've meant to re-engage here but my interests are so diverse and exciting that I experience a strong pull in directions other than EMS. Back when I started here a decade or so ago, health care was my identity. Now that I have a healthier perspective and a more rounded existence, I find it difficult to spend time discussing EMS or indeed, health care in general. Particularly when I'm inundated in policy and procedure for EMS education programmes at work.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I've been away for years from this site. Stopped following because I lost interest and there were always  someone arguing about a post. Just lost interest and began other hobbies. Came back to site today to see if anything had changed. Who knows? Maybe I'll visit more often again.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, CROM said:

I've been away for years from this site. Stopped following because I lost interest and there were always  someone arguing about a post. Just lost interest and began other hobbies. Came back to site today to see if anything had changed. Who knows? Maybe I'll visit more often again.

hey, I don't remember you but you are right, people always bitched about a post, I unfortunately fell into that habit at times.  

Unfortunately, this site is a shell of what it used to be,  seems that Facebook EMS groups has taken it's place.  

I am still here though.  

On 1/30/2017 at 1:16 PM, CROM said:

Welcome back!  I think you find that the atmosphere is different lately.  I think Facebook allows everyone to vent and here is a place for good discussion.  Jump back in.  It takes one post to make a ripple.  

Absolutly Admin,  If we could get more regular posters and more engagement I think this site could become better.  

Facebook is great for immediate feedback and that's also it's biggest weakness.  

here posts can be cultivated and we can have great discussion, even it it takes longer to get that discussion rolling.  

Somehow I've spent 4 out of my 9 years in EMS getting more edumucated. By the time I finish my current program that will end up being 5 years out of the first 10 in EMS. After spending half of my career pursuing higher education in emergency health services my appetite for EMS  discussion during my personal time seems to have waned. Perhaps it will peak again in the future as this current program of study is the end of the educational pathway in Canadian EMS. If I go further it means branching away to other pursuits.

i ran away to join the circus. i am very happy here. they gave me this cool jacket :D honestly though i never spent much time in the forums though this could change now, just went to a different chatting site and haven't really had a reason to come back....