Retaking national registry

I don't know, but someone had to be the first to post for you.  

Might want to call the state of texas and ask.  You might get a faster response than in here.  Seems like this place is a ghost town anymore.  I only see about 8 regular posters anymore.  

I think with the advent of facebook these types of forums have taken a backseat.  Again, I only see a handful of people posting on here.  

Unfortunately it's just a matter of time before this site goes by the wayside as well.  

• 2 weeks later...

I often wonder about taking the NR test also. The paramedic program I am looking into is out of state and NR is required. It has been 4 years since I tested for my EMT.

I just popped back in after about 3 years. Yes, it has died .

I'm not active anymore but I worked in Alabama (Roll Tide!).  It requires both certifications NR and State.  MariB if you are still an active EMT and keeping up with your certification for basic you shouldn't have a problem enrolling in the Paramedic class.  I was an Intermediate when I started Paramedic.  As luck would have it my license would expire before I finished the Paramedic program.  I had to take the Intermediate Registry and then the Paramedic Registry.  Everything had to be current.  If I were you I'd contact the NR and then the State EMS where you plan to work and verify what all is required for getting your medic.  Good luck.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.