Well, I got a money order in the mail yesterday. Frankly, I'm shocked! I'm still going to cash it with some skepticism though. Time will tell......

The event I did was in October. It would be nice if it goes through and I finally get my pay plus the money I lost in this debacle. 

Edited by Violyn

let's hope the money order isn't one of those craigslist scam things.  

So I did some research on Money Orders and I think your money is good to go.  Since Money orders are paid for either with CASH or a credit or debit card, the money is already been paid to get the money order.  

Unless they just got a program that prints out fake money orders which hopefully the guy didn't do.  

Here's where I got the info - Motley fool is sometimes a crazy stupid site but they do have some good advice and I think this is good advice here.  

https://www.fool.com/investing/general/2015/06/12/how-do-money-orders-work.aspx

Thank you so much for doing all of that for me. I went to my bank and cashed it first and then deposited it per their suggestion. I was assured that it was very safe and won't be revoked. I am so glad to finally have the money and to be able to put Blast Medics in the past. I am going to make sure that every EMT/Paramedic I know steers clear of them. They are based in NY, but staff events all over the country. Buh bye BMs! ;) 

12 minutes ago, Violyn said:

Buh bye BMs! ;) 

Heh.  BMs.  Sounds like a good a good abbreviation for what sounds like a rather sh*tty company.

BMs.  Sh*tty.

HA!

I'll see myself out.

Hahaha. That is exactly why I did it that way. I'm glad someone noticed!