Blast Medics

Emsdonny

Attention ALL EMTs and PARAMEDICS IN CALI are NEEDED if you are near or around the L.A AREA. IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN JOINING OUR TEAM WITH BLASTMEDICS. PLEASE SUBMIT A EMAIL AT CC@BLASTMEDICS.COM OR GO ON OUR SITE CLICK ON JOIN OUR TEAM. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS CALL CRYSTAL AT 800 818 0737. 
THANK YOU AND BE SAFE

OK, not trying to be critical but ALL CAPS, really?  At least your website does you better representation professionally than this post does. 

And don't use the excuse that this is considered social media and it's acceptable to type like a middle school kid because, it is not, this is a professional forum.  

But that being said, if I was in California, I'd check this group out just to see what they offered.  Sounds like a fun group.    

Ruff

• 1 year later...

I've done events for Blast Medics in Phoenix. Unfortunately, I haven't been paid for an event I did in October. I did receive two checks, both of which bounced, so in addition to not getting my initial payment, I've lost $24 in bank fees. I was sent a third check, but I don't want another check. I want to be paid in a more secure way. I won't work for this company ever again.

On 10/31/2016 at 1:53 PM, Just Plain Ruff said:

OK, not trying to be critical but ALL CAPS, really?  At least your website does you better representation professionally than this post does. 

And don't use the excuse that this is considered social media and it's acceptable to type like a middle school kid because, it is not, this is a professional forum.  

But that being said, if I was in California, I'd check this group out just to see what they offered.  Sounds like a fun group.    

Ruff

It's a fun group if you get paid.

So in other words,  Blast Medics is not a reputable company to work for then.  And my original post I wish I could update it.  

I'm thinking with your post, it's not a company I would want to work for.  

Have you contacted the better business bureau?  At least lodge a complaint.  

I just went to www.blastmedics.com  and got a 404 error which means their website is down or closed.  sounds like a scam. 

Edited by Just Plain Ruff

I had worked for them and been paid in the past, but this last bit has me pretty riled up. Needless to say, I will never work for them again and if anyone is approached to do an event for them, do so at your own risk. At this point they won't even answer my texts. Bad enough to not get paid, but then to lose $24 on top of that!

They do, though, have an active Facebook page, not that that means much.

Edited by Violyn

yeah, I hear you.  

their website pulls to a 404 not found 

you have to request their phone number

everything about this company just shouts "RUN AWAY!!! - far far away"

It's terrible for them to take advantage like that and not fess up. Running away like scared children. I'm an EMT because I want to help people. We don't do what we do for the money, but we need all that we've worked for. Blastmedics is run by a paramedic and I think it's shameful to take advantage of and cheat one of their own. 

Have you posted on their facebook page?  I would blast it (pun intended) to the world. 

But when you have to request their phone number from their facebook page, that just screams scam site to me.  What are you so worried about that people have to request your companies phone number in a facebook request.  If you are a reputable business you should have your phone number posted for all to be able to call.  but if you are a crappy company and your paychecks are bouncing, what you do is change your phone number, and then put on facebook that you have to request their phone number, then they can control who they give their phone number out to and if they cheated you or F'd you out of your pay, then they don't have to give you their number.  

Buyer beware I guess.    

They are going to be seriously "blasted" after I give them a chance to send a money order, which I've been told is "in the mail". I have the phone number of the person in charge and have been sternly, but politely, requesting that this get fixed. When enough time has been given I will take legal action. 

well I wish the best for you.  I don't expect you to get your money, the old check's in the mail is a long old excuse but maybe you will get your money.  Maybe not.  let me know what happens.  

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.