think im just getting dumber and dumber

hey folks, brand new member here, about 5 minutes old.  hate to start my time here off on the wrong foot, but I just found out I failed my NREMTP yesterday!

the test shut off at 91 and I failed 3 of the 5 sections despite all my efforts, I have studied for it for 2 months solid, at least 100+ hours of study, I passed my hands on before that, I used ETPrep.com for a month, and was one of only 8 of the 55 people who started our program that actually graduated.  

I called EMTPrep and got a free month of the website, and started looking at the material and took a few tests, and I scored EVEN LOWER than before.  Im at my whits end, and am pretty sure that I am just getting dumber...  

need some advice on how to study for this freaking thing, about ready to cut my losses and just apply at the hospital with my basic licence ( most likely better for my health and finances anyway, right).  and how much is the second attempt at NREMTP? $110 that I just have laying around? or is it less for seconds?

again, sorry to start my time here on such a bad note but I am in a terrible mood at this point.

Nope afraid not it is the same price each time, I have taken multiple times unfortunately. I am even in nursing school LPN to start and the tests for Nursing are not as hard as the NREMT tests. I too took about 2 weeks ago and failed 3 of 5. I am just as frustrated as you are with the test I believe they are trying to make it more difficult to weed out the bad but I am very good with pt's and have been an I-99/ Iowa Paramedic for 9 years so I passed the test before now have until 2018 to pass or drop a level.

I'm amazed at how articulate and seemingly intelligent some folks are that are not able to pass these exams after two or three times despite intense and diligent study. My advice as a next step would be to be assessed for an occult learning disability. Plenty of very intelligent adults suffer from these but never have them assessed.

Go here for a start:

https://ldaamerica.org/

Jeremy and Stealth,  My advice to start would be to take at least a month off before you start to study again.  Let your brain take a break.  

Then do what Offlabel says and get evaluated for the LD.  

Then do a search on my posts for a recent list of suggestions that I posted about this exact topic and how to prepare for this test.  I'm not a expert in it but I've taken a masters level project management program and I have my masters in Project management and am currently in my test prep for my Project Management professional certification that to me is harder than my paramedic NR exam ever was.  

Good luck and I wish you the best.  

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.