Maintaining Quality Control w/personnel

We recently voted to participate in "Peer Review". We developed our own custom list of criteria with choices for each line including "not applicable, needs immediate improvement, poor, fair, excellent". The categories include everything from being a team member, skills, medical terminology on reports to driving skills and keeping the facility clean while on call. This will help identify areas that need improvement as well as those that should be acknowledged with high marks of quality. We are volunteers, but our high standards should not be compromised due to lack of remediation. Now we each have some input for improvement

KBEMT

We're a volunteer squad but we recently started doing QA/QI reviews on our state forms (aka the run sheet for every call). This ensures that all of us who are crew chiefs are filling out our paperwork in a way that will ensure that it's complete and also CYA in terms of possible future legal issues. So far it actually has helped point out a few things that I myself and others have overlooked, nothing major but little things that could effect our "memory" of the call should any legal situation arise.

We are also a volly squad... however we run similar to a paid county career station in the way we run duty shifts and stuff like that. we also have a peer review committee which looks over all of the call sheets etc...

• 2 weeks later...
We recently voted to participate in "Peer Review". We developed our own custom list of criteria with choices for each line including "not applicable, needs immediate improvement, poor, fair, excellent". The categories include everything from being a team member, skills, medical terminology on reports to driving skills and keeping the facility clean while on call. This will help identify areas that need improvement as well as those that should be acknowledged with high marks of quality. We are volunteers, but our high standards should not be compromised due to lack of remediation. Now we each have some input for improvement

KBEMT

That is very interesting... I would like to start something like that at my service, butt have NO IDEA where to begin.... Could you send me a copy or post it.....

I LOVE IT!!!! that sounds like the best idea that ive heard. We have problems between coworkers like everyone else. I think this would be a great way to get everyone on the same page. OHHH please post it.

• 3 weeks later...

We have a peer review for TQI program. This is for following protocols & standards, medical charting & skill percentage review. Day to day activities is monitored by management & filed performance by field supervisors.

Be safe,

Ridryder 911

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.