Sign in to follow this  
Arctickat

Visiting Boston Sept 30 to Oct 2

So, my wife's bucket list includes attending a MLB game. Since we're Toronto fans (of course) and since the BoSox are close in the standings, I thought it might be interesting to take in the final games of the season for both teams. It's our first time in Boston and first time attending MLB games.

We already have our hotel booked, tickets purchased (on whatever the hell the green monster is) and flights booked.

Any advice of what else we can do while there?

The Green Monster is the big green wall out in left field at Fenway.  If you have seats on top they're relatively new.  Seating was installed maybe 12 years ago?  Not sure exactly when.

The Freedom Trail is a self guided walking history tour of Boston.  The North End has some good restaurants.  Walks along the Charles River are nice.  MIT and Harvard's campuses are there and can be interesting to walk through (if you're into that kinda' thing).  Boston Common is an open park.  Duck Boat tours are popular, too, and can give you a water borne tour of the city.  The USS Constitution is the oldest commissioned naval warship in the world.  It's open for tours.

Enjoy your visit. 

• Like 1

Whoa!! The Constitution is there?  For some reason I thought it was in Virginia. I built a model of that when I was a kid, now I'll have to see the real thing. :)  Thanks Mike.

Make a point to find good, off the beaten path Italian and sea food. Can't offer specifics because it's been such a long time since being in Boston, but those places aren't where all the tourists are. Look for long black cars....best restaurants in New England.

Renting a car? Do it. Drive up or down the Mass Turnpike and get off at little towns along the way. Food, dude, food.

http://www.visitnewengland.com/all

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.