Job Interviews

Welcome.

Interview questions depend on the person with whom you're meeting.  I've had everything from general get to know you type questions to ethical scenarios.  Some places will talk practice other places will assume you know what you're doing and not touch on it.  Some places will mandate a written test, physical fitness test and/or background check.  Others won't.

Not terribly helpful but there's not a good way to answer your question.

Hope the interview goes well.

Rural services and small services are more than likely going to want to know how you will fit with a small staff.  They will ask questions accordingly.  

Large services are going to ask questions as to how you will fit within a larger organization.  

High performance services where they are doing cutting edge treatments will ask different questions than others.  

One service I applied for used a psychological approach and had a well known psychologist run part of the interviews - he did behavioural type scenarios - what would you do if confronted by this situation

Others did the written test, then skills test, then ACLS test and then a panel interview, and then finally a sort of a group interview with 5 of your fellow applicants in the same room (that was the toughest job process I've ever gone through). but I got the job.

And finally, I had one where I interviewed with the supervisor, he asked a bunch of what if questions and then asked me about myself.  I answered truthfully and I got the job.  

So you can see, it's all over the map.