TO EVERYONE MEDIC AND EMT ALIKE

Do your job....know everything you can possible know...when the day is complete let it go...when someone doubts your skill, prove them wrong. Some people believe one level of license is "better" but if you know your stuff, no matter the level, F***'em the only person who's opinion counts in the end is the patient :) 

16 hours ago, ghostmed3 said:

Do your job....know everything you can possible know...when the day is complete let it go...when someone doubts your skill, prove them wrong. Some people believe one level of license is "better" but if you know your stuff, no matter the level, F***'em the only person who's opinion counts in the end is the patient :) 

Fixed it.

• Like 2

It was correct in its original format. I have seen plenty of those that just "do the job" and by no means does that make it ok for them to not know and be confident in the skills needed to do the job. I get your point ERDoc but we need better out of our profession....

I agree.  Doing the job is all that you stated, it's continuously learning and improving.  I know very few providers who make it in this crazy field without constantly improving themselves as providers.

I suppose to sum it up Im leaning towards the fact that, yes, knowing what to do is part of the job, however I have seen all too often those that make it through their education only to go out into the field and be completely lost. So no, I wouldnt necessarily say its directed towards enthusiasm but more so competency. Whether you're an EMR or an ER doc the point is to e able to delivery the most accurate treatment as competently as possible and worry about nothing more than that.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.