New Ram Ambulance

ma2359

I had considered the Promaster but soon elimilimiated it. A 176HP V6 just wouldn't last very long in my organisation. I opted for the Ram 4500 4x4 6.7l Cummins with liquidspring suspension.

The Promaster might make an ok in city transfer vehicle though.

welcome  to the city.

I think front wheel drive is a huge no no for light industrial vehicles such as an ambulance. The Sprinter is probably the better choice for a service seeking out lower cost and or more nimble alternatives to the traditional type 3 unit.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/12/2016 at 1:20 PM, Arctickat said:

I had considered the Promaster but soon elimilimiated it. A 176HP V6 just wouldn't last very long in my organisation. I opted for the Ram 4500 4x4 6.7l Cummins with liquidspring suspension.

The Promaster might make an ok in city transfer vehicle though.

welcome  to the city.

I'm genuinely curious to see how the liquidspring technology works out. My patient's ride quality over government maintained roads is hoping it's a winner.

You getting liquid springs  too Rock?  You can follow the progress of our remount on the facebook page. I have some g-force data from my E450 type 3. When this type 1 is on the road I'll have some hard data for comparison. 

On 3/31/2016 at 6:06 PM, Arctickat said:

You getting liquid springs  too Rock?  You can follow the progress of our remount on the facebook page. I have some g-force data from my E450 type 3. When this type 1 is on the road I'll have some hard data for comparison. 

They're up for consideration in the next RFP. Knowing the usual pace of government, if they're a success they'll be at least one model year behind. BCAS is an enormous contract by Canadian standards (100+ units a year) so you can be sure Crestline and Demers will be solidly duking it out.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.