Potent PSA

Arctickat

This made me jump. Warning, potential trigger warning.

This is a PSA warning drivers to slow down at accident scenes done by the Winnipeg Police Service with the help of Manitoba EMS.

Edited by Arctickat

Brutal.... tears...

BUT..... high production value... someone obviously very skilled directed that. Did you notice how routine the scene was for the subjects in the spot? It was obvious that a significant emphasis was on making those crews look like that was their 5000th MVA. They were very focused on the job at hand but made it clear that they were taking their safety for granted.

The message is as much for EMS crews as it is for motorists.

Edited by Off Label
clarity
  • Like 1

yeah, hat was powerful,  slow down  this applies to all of us as well.  We can be just as bad at scenes.  

I remember one night, dark road, car wreck.  There was one volunteer FF directing traffic with a small light.  No protective/reflective clothing.  They directed me to go on past and no where did I see the second person directing the other direction of traffic.  I nearly hit them.  We can indeed be our own worst enemies.  

Brutal.... tears...

BUT..... high production value... someone obviously very skilled directed that. Did you notice how routine the scene was for the subjects in the spot? It was obvious that a significant emphasis was on making those crews look like that was their 5000th MVA. They were very focused on the job at hand but made it clear that they were taking their safety for granted.

The message is as much for EMS crews as it is for motorists.

The crew wearing appropriate PPE for the conditions was taking their own safety for granted? It was a close in shot. For all any of us know fire was performing traffic control and some inattentive jackass blew through anyway.

The crew wearing appropriate PPE for the conditions was taking their own safety for granted? It was a close in shot. For all any of us know fire was performing traffic control and some inattentive jackass blew through anyway.

so, that was just a contrived theatrical scene for effect, right? It's open to interpretation, and that's how I interpreted it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.