USA resuscitation protocole

Zobi

I am a student from Poland , and I have to write a final paper on differences between european and american procedures in resuscitation. I know that you have different protocoles depend on States, but what does it mean ? . IF someone could tell me anything about it . Or maybe you could give me links to articules about it . I will be very greatful.

I have questions about intubation ( when can you do it?)

Can you do CPR during the transport?

What is the list of medicine you can use during resuscitation ?

EMS in America is a fractured hell hole, to put it nicely.  Even in the same state, there are different protocols.  I think there is a place on this website where people can provide links to their protocols.  Try checking there to see the differences.  When you say 'resuscitation' if you are strictly referring to running a cardiac arrest, most places have pretty similar protocols that follow ACLS algorithms.  CPR in a moving vehicle is generally frowned upon but there are some places where all cardiac arrests must be transported to the hospital, so it happens.

Thank you so much for your answer . I have been trying to find links to the protocoles but so far I found only one and it was about ECG.  My protocole is to intubate only if there is cardiac arrest , how is it  for you ? When can it be done ?

I can pretty much do it whenever I want, but I don't have to follow any protocols.

Maybe @EMT City Administrator can make a sticky in one of the forums where everyone can post a link to their protocols?

Here is a link to the current protocols from where I started.  They are much different than they were in my days.

http://www.suffolkremsco.com/main/protocols/

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.