EMT online

I realize EMT training has a lot of hands on components but could it be possible to get the classroom part of becoming an EMT  online?  With my job it makes it difficult to get nights/days off regularly....I really want to become an EMT and hope I can work something out...

Welcome.

I have heard/read of EMT programs offering a combination of online learning and hands on practice.  I know very little about the quality of the programs, however.  Most of the programs I've seen require at least a solid week for required hands on time.  That may prove a challenge if your job is as difficult with your schedule as you make it sounds.

The big question to ask is if a program like the one you're looking for will allow for state or national certification.  It would be unfortunate to dump all that time and money into a program that won't leave you with anything tangible at the end.

Online learning, though, isn't as easy or straight forward as one might think.  I've taken several online classes and they were much more time consuming than traditional classes.  Just something to keep in mind.

In the end it comes down to how badly you want it.  Research locally.  Talk to your employer.  See what you can work out.