Skylife Helicopter

RIP to the Crew and patient of a SkyLife helicopter on 12/10/2015 out of Kern County.  The article I read did not give the state.  The crew was supposedly transporting a critical patient when it went down.  Reports of the area being very foggy where the helicopter went down.  

Most of the article mentions Fresno and Bakersfield which one might assume this was in California.  

Before anyone makes any rash judgements on the cause, just lift these victims up in your thoughts and prayers if you pray.  

This was in California.  I saw this last night before going to sleep.  It was reported at the time that the aircraft was simply missing.  Unfortunately, I knew it wasn't going to be a good outcome.

It's never a good time to lose people like this.  It's never a good time to have a mishap.  It's never a good time.  Around the holidays, though, just makes it worse.  Peace to the families, friends, coworkers, loved ones of those lost.

Amen Mike,  amen.  This is the absolute worst time to lost a loved one, it just seems that this compounds the sorrow but honestly, like you said, no time is a good time.  

What I'm hoping I read about it being very foggy is not the cause and that the fog came in after the crash.  

One of my best friends flew on the helicopter that is based at my former employer, Every day he worked, I said a silent prayer for a safe flight when I heard that bird start up.  So far I've lost at least 5 friends/acquaintances to helicopter crashes in the past 15 years.  

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.