Start class Jan. 4th, Quick questions

Hello everyone. I am pleased to say i start my EMT-B class in january and as the day gets closer i am getting a little nervous. I went to an alternative high school and did not have to take classes like anatomy or physiology and i am worried that i will be at a huge disadvantage compared to other students in the class. I just finished watching an hour and a half long EMT training anatomy lecture and Hardly any of the information stuck with me  besides the anatomical/positional terms and even those i cant remember 100%. I guess my question here is will there be enough time in between going over things and taking tests that i will be able to pass even though i lack even a high school level of knowledge on these things? 

P.S i work as a security guard and have 5-6 hours per shift where id be able to study/get work done. Not sure if this is relevant. 

Thanks again Everybody!        

Welcome to the site.

There isn't much doubt that some basic A&P knowledge will help, but in most programs the A&P classes are very basic and aimed at people with little or no previous exposure. If the school is any good the course will be sequential, with guidance from the instructors throughout. Watching one video is not going to make you an instant expert, but if you work through the class, do the reading, study in your spare time, and generally do the student process you should be able to do just fine.

If you are not an auditory learner the lecture would not stick with you very well either. Many of us learn better by reading, or by writing, or by saying, or maybe by the old process of flashcards. Recruiting other members of the class to form study group is yet another effective activity.

Don't start with  a negative attitude. EMT-B A&P is very superficial, and in most cases just requires memorization of parts and terms. I am sure you will find methods to get the information to stick in your brain.

Good luck!