Split Patient Care Area?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Should we add new categories?

• No
    • Yes, each group needs their own.

For me, it doesn't really make a difference.  When I come on, I click on the new content button and go through it.  If it makes it easier for people to find what they are looking for, then go for it, but don't get rid of the new content button.

I wouldn't want anyone to feel as though they shouldn't participate just because a topic landed in a particular forum (ie. an EMT not feeling as though they could learn and participate in a topic that happened to land in the paramedic section).

• Like 1

Agree with the above.  I click the "New Content" button when coming in through the home page (how I access the site).

I also think it's important to emphasize the idea that any care provided by any provider level be considered not from a BLS vs ALS point of view but more from an appropriate patient care point of view.  By keeping the Patient Care forum a general forum it also allows exposure to threads that people might otherwise ignore or miss because it's not in the forum for their provider level.

Throw in the fact that in one jurisdiction a skill may be BLS but in another it is considered an ALS scope.

I also click on the new content button.  doesn't make a difference what the content is.  

I can learn by reading things from higher scope of practice. I think all here know better than to actually do things from those higher levels above one's own.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.