EMT Student Projects

Greetings, 

Looking to assign an end of class project for EMT students just ahead of graduation, just ahead of NREMT testing processes. 

I'd like to assign them a list of 20 projects to pick from, to simplify this process - and better facilitate grading. 

Suggestions? 

-PRPG

Luke presentation ideas?  They could each pick a disease less commonly taught and give a 10-15 minute presentation? Or do groups of 2-3?

topics could be:

DKA

Hyperosmolar Hyperglycemic Nonketotic Syndrome

Chemotherapy Side Effects

suicidal patient considerations

Developmental considerations (caring for an autistic patient)

De-escalating violent situations when you cannot get away.  

The signs and symptoms of overdosing(or overdrinking) of energy drinks -  My son had this issue the other day.  

What do you do when you are the first on the scene of a MCI

Dealing with the Line of duty death

• 1 month later...

I would suggest you take 20 large index cards & write different diseases on each card. You then break them up into teams & have each team give you a presentation on the disease including anatomy & physiology involved, signs & symptoms, treatment, including medications & dosages. For example Angina, Asthma etc.

• 3 years later...

My class had 15 students so we all picked put of a jar randomly at the start of class a topic that we would do a presentation on at the end of class one day before the final. I got the least mentioned topic of the class (excited delirium) but most of the other topics were mentioned often like sepsis, hypo/hyperglycemia/kalemia/thermia copd and asthma were together. So basically anything the students should have a little understanding of works. I think the projects a great idea. As emts we never stop learning so it's good to include a little more than just what's mandatory. 

Edited by Oppadanny88
Misspelling.