Pain Detectors

itku2er

yes I do Ruff but in all reality if there was such a thing it would not work cause like I said pain is a personal thing. Just trying to generate some conversation here 

besides i saw it online you know where everything is true and accurate!

Edited by itku2er

yes I do Ruff but in all reality if there was such a thing it would not work cause like I said pain is a personal thing. Just trying to generate some conversation here 

besides i saw it online you know where everything is true and accurate!

I just read somewhere on the Internets that Jake from State Farm was found dead in his bedroom, according to the news, he was having an affair and his wife killed him.  I read it on the net.  IT has to be true right???

I just read somewhere on the Internets that Jake from State Farm was found dead in his bedroom, according to the news, he was having an affair and his wife killed him.  I read it on the net.  IT has to be true right???

Was he found wearing khaki's? D: As for this "pain detector" it may just be a BS medi-onion story, but I bet they're out there working on a real one...

Even if a pain detector would be developed, as also mentioned, pain is subjective. Anyone heard of TEMS therapy, where a low level electric current is passed through an injury site? Different patients tolerate different voltages. I, for one, tolerate a fairly high one, whereas my girlfriend, on trying my device, turned it off on the second lowest setting due to the discomfort she felt (she was in control of the device, not me, so dismiss thoughts I was tortduring her). 

On a different angle, when providing medical coverage at a "Rugby Sevens" event, several players wanted me to simply tape up obvious finger dislocations, so they could get back into the game!

Was he found wearing khaki's? D: As for this "pain detector" it may just be a BS medi-onion story, but I bet they're out there working on a real one...

Actually he was!!!   And as for suspects, his wife is the suspect but she said that she got tired of chatting on the phone with pointy headed dudes every night at 3am rather than cuddling with her.  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Even if a pain detector would be developed, as also mentioned, pain is subjective. Anyone heard of TEMS therapy, where a low level electric current is passed through an injury site? Different patients tolerate different voltages. I, for one, tolerate a fairly high one, whereas my girlfriend, on trying my device, turned it off on the second lowest setting due to the discomfort she felt (she was in control of the device, not me, so dismiss thoughts I was tortduring her). 

On a different angle, when providing medical coverage at a "Rugby Sevens" event, several players wanted me to simply tape up obvious finger dislocations, so they could get back into the game!

I had a patient one day present to the ed with a tens unit with one pad on each of his temples and the unit set to 8.  He said it was the only thing that would help his headaches.  You know what, I believed him.  

And he never once asked for dilaudid.  

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.