Old folks Still here?

MedicNorth

Geeze mate, sorry to hear that. While i have never been stabbed ive been threatened with knives a couple of time (sometimes i think the wife could stab me though, probably while im mleeping)

I do know a guy who was assaulted by a man who was high on meth. Unfortunately the paramedic he picked the fight with is an amateur MMA fighter and promptly got knocked out.

It was also his first RSI... 

17 hours ago, BushyFromOz said:

Geeze mate, sorry to hear that. While i have never been stabbed ive been threatened with knives a couple of time (sometimes i think the wife could stab me though, probably while im mleeping)

I do know a guy who was assaulted by a man who was high on meth. Unfortunately the paramedic he picked the fight with is an amateur MMA fighter and promptly got knocked out.

It was also his first RSI... 

Well to be honest, I did give her the means and the opportunity, so lessons learned.  But once the docs realized that my wound was not through into the chest cavity, they cancelled the activation, they sutured my wound and gave me 10 days of Vicodin, keflex and a tetanus shot.  

The police were no freakin help, around where I come from, psych patients who try to kill you don't get charged.  

but I did get a bunch of sympathy nookie from the girlfriend at the time.  That's a TOTAL win.  

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Just Plain Ruff said:

but I did get a bunch of sympathy nookie from the girlfriend at the time.  That's a TOTAL win.  

In that case, I don’t feel sorry for you at all! ;):)

Edited by BushyFromOz

1 hour ago, BushyFromOz said:

In that case, I don’t feel sorry for you at all! ;):)

Hell no brother, but I did get a lot of ribbing from my co-workers saying it was a rookie mistake, problem was, I was still kind of a rookie.  

2 hours ago, Just Plain Ruff said:

Hell no brother, but I did get a lot of ribbing from my co-workers saying it was a rookie mistake, problem was, I was still kind of a rookie.  

I told my wife about this convo. She said she would stab me with a pen if I asked for sympathy nookie

11 hours ago, BushyFromOz said:

I told my wife about this convo. She said she would stab me with a pen if I asked for sympathy nookie

I didn't have to ask for it, my GF just gave it.  Thats the difference I guess between being married and single.  It's given by the girlfriend and obligated by the married.  ha ha 

1 minute ago, Just Plain Ruff said:

I didn't have to ask for it, my GF just gave it.  Thats the difference I guess between being married and single.  It's given by the girlfriend and obligated by the married.  ha ha 

Married was never a problem... the demanding 3year old changed things though.

2 hours ago, BushyFromOz said:

Married was never a problem... the demanding 3year old changed things though.

Or demanding 15 year old, 8 year old, and 6 year old.  Not a moments freaking peace.  haven't had a disturbance in the force in I don't k now how long.  

On 11/10/2017 at 6:54 AM, paramedicmike said:

Hey man!  I wondered what happened to you.  Glad to see you're still out there and doing good in the world.

When did you finish residency?  How've you been?

Just finished residency this last year....graduated in June. I am now an EM doc at a level 1 trauma center in Southwest MO. It is actually the same place I was a ground medic and flight medic. It was like a homecoming of sorts. Every time I have interactions with the EMS crews here it is like we fall back into our old routines, ribbing each other in some sophomoric banter, etc. But better yet, I am yet another EMS advocating physician for our area. Would trust our medics with my life. 

-dg 

On 11/18/2017 at 1:33 PM, dgmedic said:

Just finished residency this last year....graduated in June. I am now an EM doc at a level 1 trauma center in Southwest MO. It is actually the same place I was a ground medic and flight medic. It was like a homecoming of sorts. Every time I have interactions with the EMS crews here it is like we fall back into our old routines, ribbing each other in some sophomoric banter, etc. But better yet, I am yet another EMS advocating physician for our area. Would trust our medics with my life. 

-dg 

I didn't know that there were Level 1 trauma centers in Springfield MO,  Cox or St John's?  I used to work down at one of the Lake of the Ozarks amb services which sent you guys a lot of customers via helicopters and transfers from Lake Regional.  

Bob Page taught some of my EMS courses out of that area.  

Good group of people down there.  

take care

Ruff

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.