Old folks Still here?

MedicNorth

It is nice to see all the old faces.  Perhaps now is the time for the students to become the teachers.   There are plenty of new providers that need the wisdom that you all have gained over the years.  Stick around.  Make this your home again.  Post something interesting and welcome the rebuttals and questions.  Engage in others and make them think, and let them return the favor.  EMT City has been around for a long time and it is because of the members like you that we are still here.   I thank you for that and I look forward to seeing your posts.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, EMT City Administrator said:

It is nice to see all the old faces.  Perhaps now is the time for the students to become the teachers.   There are plenty of new providers that need the wisdom that you all have gained over the years.  Stick around.  Make this your home again.  Post something interesting and welcome the rebuttals and questions.  Engage in others and make them think, and let them return the favor.  EMT City has been around for a long time and it is because of the members like you that we are still here.   I thank you for that and I look forward to seeing your posts.

So...Admin..... when are you going to let us know what your "other" screen name is ;):lol:

• Like 1

I do miss the old days and the "old" people. I think that it was the right time and the right people, and the circumstances have simply not occurred again. Chat was a huge drawing point, and people who chatted lots were likely to post lots too. We did have some pretty amazing natural leaders, but the big thing is that it was fun as well as instructive.
I will be volunteering in Uganda for 5 weeks in February on an EMS pilot project. Odds are good that there will be some issues I want to mull over with those of you who have experienced overseas work. Hopefully We can get a bit of action going on that!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MedicNorth said:

I do miss the old days and the "old" people. I think that it was the right time and the right people, and the circumstances have simply not occurred again. Chat was a huge drawing point, and people who chatted lots were likely to post lots too.

Problem with the chat (as i remember) was the amount of trouble makers it brought in. I had an EMTLIFE acclount at one stage, so i could see the people who left here for being "bullied" (aka, told they were not the greatest EMT/Paramedic EMS has ever seen) head over to EMTLIFE and bag the hall out of this joint.

Like most Forums, i guess this suffers from the new facebook generation. They run their clinical discussions there these days.

13 hours ago, BushyFromOz said:

Like most Forums, i guess this suffers from the new facebook generation. They run their clinical discussions there these days.

Yes, that is the biggest problem we face,  we are a get it now generation, here it would take a couple of days to run a full scenario while it only would take a couple of hours to run a full scenario on facebook. that's where we fall short here, the 132 character generation doesn't want to wait, heck I'm one of those who doesn't want to wait but the responses from those who use their phones are often more disjointed and horribly spelled than those who have a computer and a keyboard at their disposal. 

I think that this site will suffer for the most part based on what I wrote above.  I don't have the answer to fix the low participation here.  

How weird that this is an ongoing topic and I ran across it; although it was started back in 2015 lol.  I was active about 10 years ago - dgmedic. I had also ran another site medictutor.com. Stopped that a long time ago too. I ended up going to medical school, EM residency, and am now an emergency medicine doc!

It is good to see the site still up and going. And paramedicmike.......good to see you are still here too. Wasn’t there a RichmondMedic or something like that too?  

~dg

3 hours ago, dgmedic said:

How weird that this is an ongoing topic and I ran across it; although it was started back in 2015 lol.  I was active about 10 years ago - dgmedic. I had also ran another site medictutor.com. Stopped that a long time ago too. I ended up going to medical school, EM residency, and am now an emergency medicine doc!

It is good to see the site still up and going. And paramedicmike.......good to see you are still here too. Wasn’t there a RichmondMedic or something like that too?  

~dg

dgmedic, congrats, one of our own did good.  way to go.  

21 hours ago, dgmedic said:

~dg

Hey man!  I wondered what happened to you.  Glad to see you're still out there and doing good in the world.

When did you finish residency?  How've you been?

I wonder whatever happened to Greshmedic?

I remember years ago there was a discussion about patients being dropped of stretchers. He said something like

"I have only ever dropped 1 patient.... bitch shouldn't have tried to stab me"

Gee i laughed...

On 11/12/2017 at 1:16 AM, BushyFromOz said:

I wonder whatever happened to Greshmedic?

I remember years ago there was a discussion about patients being dropped of stretchers. He said something like

"I have only ever dropped 1 patient.... bitch shouldn't have tried to stab me"

Gee i laughed...

You know, I've only dropped one patient too, The one patient who asked if she could keep my pen, Old bic pin,  she was going in for a medication check,  I said sure, you can have my pen, I then walked in front of her, my partner in back of me.  She took the pen and proceeded to imbed the pen in my jacket and then 1/2 inch into the flesh of my back.  That was the only patient I ever dropped with a left hook to the right temple.  And then my partner and I sat on her until the police got to us.  I have a nice little round permanent puncture wound to my right scapula area, blood was everywhere.    

Got treated as a trauma patient until they could rule out whether the pen punctured my chest wall.  DAMN that pen hurt when it went in my back.  Patient was deemed a mental case and was never charged.  

Yeah yeah yeah,  before you say it, I learned a couple of valuable lessons,  

1.  Coats don't stop bic pens

2.  Don't walk in front of your patients, EVER

3.  Don't ever give your patients your pen

4.  Trauma activations are NOT Fun, Really doc(trauma resident), you want to do a rectal for sphincter tone - nah I'll pass(do you have something to tell me Dr. Takei).  He reluctantly agreed.  

5.  If you need a couple of days off, let your patients stab you with the bic pens you let them have.  

6.  Make sure your patient  stabs  you and then you knock them down and make sure it's on video.  She claimed I hit her and then she stabbed me.  Thank God it was on video in the Hospital ambulance bay and the security guards were watching us bring her inside.  We had a few witnesses.  

7.  Don't pull the pen out, if you do, you get a trauma activation, had we have left it in, they would have know it was only in a half inch.  

Edited by Just Plain Ruff
  • Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.