Old folks Still here?

MedicNorth

25 minutes ago, paramedicmike said:

He left a message at one point saying that he was stepping away from the site.   Tried to find it but don't have a lot of time to dig for it at the moment.  Looks like he last stopped in sometime last year.

I hope it was just general life keeping him offline and not some kind of crisis. This forum in the late 2000's/ early 2010's helped make many people's careers, and AK was one of the best here.

4 hours ago, BushyFromOz said:

I hope it was just general life keeping him offline and not some kind of crisis. This forum in the late 2000's/ early 2010's helped make many people's careers, and AK was one of the best here.

I think it had to do with his business he was running, the Middle east EMS Staffing company.  Plus I think after Dust's death he was done.  

But I cannot prove any of that.  

Man, Dust, AK, Ruff, the Docs, VentRT (what happened to him/her), and some others really left an impression on me as a new EMT in EMS working in a really crappy system. Gave me the mindset of not letting my surroundings dictate my level of knowledge or patient care. I owe a lot to this forum...

15 hours ago, paramedicmike said:

Vent seemed to have some issues that came through in her posts.  AK called her out on a bunch of stuff when it started.  She's come back a few times under various pseudonyms usually to demonstrate some pretty angry behavior only to get called out again.

Vent was a nutjob guys,  she attacked me in several pm's, threatened me, telling me that she could end my career if she wanted to.  She was bonafide CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAACRAY

I have so many good memories of this forum in its heyday. Chat was a blast. Great threads. Lots of interaction. Definitely shaped me as a provider in a lot of ways. 

It's also hard when the curtain gets pulled aside... so I think I'll just revel in that nostalgia, lol. 

Good to see so many old faces! Doczilla, I'm stoked for you to be in Texas, but wonder if the trek to CAP Lab is gonna be worth it without you at the helm... ;-) Plus your opening speech every year was one of the highlights! 

• Thanks 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.