Old folks Still here?

MedicNorth

Here I sit broken hearted....

Yeah, still just kinda hanging out in the shadows. I should probably work on that.  I'm not even sure who's around here anymore that I used to talk with.

I think most people are still here and lurk but just don't post much. Someone needs to start an epic thread that is capable of generating lost of discussion.  Should we talk about religion or politics?

10 hours ago, ERDoc said:

I think most people are still here and lurk but just don't post much. Someone needs to start an epic thread that is capable of generating lost of discussion.  Should we talk about religion or politics?

The US presidential election or Brexit will get you both. 

well I'll bite,  I can't imagine why anyone in Britain would vote for something with such enormous consequences without knowing what leaving the EU really meant.  

oh wait, that's like our super PHD educated voters here voting for either a Under FBI investigation candidate or a blowhard say anything candidate.  

Not sure which country can be dumber?????  In november we will know.  

In defense of the voters (I don't have enough knowledge to say if it was a good idea or not) if it has never been done before, how can they truly know what it means.  It's uncharted territory, but sometimes that's what needs to be done.

yeah I get that Doc, but they outlined what possibly could happen. what I was referring to was the hundreds of thousands of people who were complaining that they voted to leave the union but didn't know what that meant.  Many have admitted that they had NOT a single iota of understanding of what could happen.  And yet, now they are complaining because they "didn't know". 

I was just comparing that to our US voters who vote based on gender, race, they like how the person looks, how they talk, how they walk, how they do anything other than where they stand on the issues that will directly affect those voters come the next 2-6 years(depending on who they voted for and for what office) and also for the downstream effects many many years down the road.  

That's what I was alluding to in my original comment.  

4 hours ago, Ruffmeister Paramedic said:

yeah I get that Doc, but they outlined what possibly could happen. what I was referring to was the hundreds of thousands of people who were complaining that they voted to leave the union but didn't know what that meant.  Many have admitted that they had NOT a single iota of understanding of what could happen.  And yet, now they are complaining because they "didn't know". 

I was just comparing that to our US voters who vote based on gender, race, they like how the person looks, how they talk, how they walk, how they do anything other than where they stand on the issues that will directly affect those voters come the next 2-6 years(depending on who they voted for and for what office) and also for the downstream effects many many years down the road.  

That's what I was alluding to in my original comment.  

I got ya.  Yeah, you can't vote and then complain you didn't know what you were getting yourself into.  Educate yourself or don't vote.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.