Old folks Still here?

MedicNorth

I kept in touch with Wilf for quite a while, but he disappeared from the radar, and I have not heard from him in a couple years. I know Things were pretty rough for a while. I would love to hear from him again.

LEt me reference it here - hang on  

Take a look at this -  this is what I thought you were referencing

Nope, not at all. I know Doogs, he's a good egg. I was just messing with him.

Speaking of Squint where is he?  Hope all is well with him.

He's still around. Spoke to him a few months back, he's been working on(at) a wilderness retreat he put together for PTSD/CSI victims.

Yeah I just went back and re-read the thread that Arctickat referenced and that was a hot topic thread.  

It took some digging, but I found at old thread.  I hadn't gone back to it after that post so I had no idea what ripples (waves?) it caused. 

I admit I could have found a much better way to try & convey my thoughts, but there was certainly no ill intent behind the post.  I wish I could delete it.  

My most humble apologies to ALL who I offended!

Edited by Doogs
  • Like 2

It took some digging, but I found at old thread.  I hadn't gone back to it after that post so I had no idea what ripples (waves?) it caused. 

I admit I could have found a much better way to try & convey my thoughts, but there was certainly no ill intent behind the post.  I wish I could delete it.  

My most humble apologies to ALL who I offended!

Mr Doogs, my friend I hope, I meant no disprespect, please please understand that nor did I mean to dredge up any old issues.  But let's just sweep this under the carpet and throw a expired tube of instaglucose at it.  

• Like 2

I was glad you brought it up Ruffmeister, otherwise I would never have known what had transpired.  It gives me an opportunity to (hopefully) make amends with those I've offended. There is no reason for you to fret my friend, I am grateful to you.  I am humbled to still be allowed to show my face here or to even be considered a friend.

Edited by Doogs
  • Like 1

Wow thinking back this site and a lot of the people who have posted on this thread have honestly really shaped the Paramedic that I am. I've even worked a bit for someone I met here! 

I joined my first year on the job, and now at my 6th year I've already taken a step back from EMS to do some traveling and reflection. Actually writing this from a cafe in Malaysia!

MedicNorth sounds like a good outfit,  but not sure if I'm built for the month in month out rotation that they do. 

Rock shoes, when do you start your CCP program? I looked into doing either that or the PA program in Toronto for the future. 

• Like 1

Wow thinking back this site and a lot of the people who have posted on this thread have honestly really shaped the Paramedic that I am. I've even worked a bit for someone I met here! 

I joined my first year on the job, and now at my 6th year I've already taken a step back from EMS to do some traveling and reflection. Actually writing this from a cafe in Malaysia!

MedicNorth sounds like a good outfit,  but not sure if I'm built for the month in month out rotation that they do. 

Rock shoes, when do you start your CCP program? I looked into doing either that or the PA program in Toronto for the future. 

As of January 2 all of us will belong to provincial programs with class beginning on the 4th. It should be the most rewarding period of education in my career so far with an incredible amount of ICU time and a guaranteed 3:1 student:instructor ratio. Semester 1 is primarily about equipment management in the non attending role (pumps, vents, etc.) while semesters 2 and 3 really get into the medicine. The majority of the didactic portion of semesters 2 and 3 will actually be taught in hospital by ICU docs which will allow for immediate reinforcement of the concepts during ICU rounds.

If it's an option for you I highly recommend applying. That calibre of educational experience, especially in a paid education format, is nearly unheard of for paramedics. Even if you were to decide on PA school after, the experience would be valuable without costing you anything financially.

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.