NJ EMT requirements

musicislife

A few questions here for any NJ EMTs. First off, I can only see my transcript on nj ems user (i cannot access oemscert due to my number starting with a 6) and it only contains online courses i have taken. I have taken many more CEUs, but they have been on drill night at my squad and I did not get a certificate, just signed a CEU sheet. Does the state keep track? 

Secondly, there are requirements for all responders. I took a fire 1 course recently that included hazmat awareness, ICS 100 and 700. Does the hazmat awareness I took count (from IAFF, not NJSP)? is my pro board fire 1 cert enough to satisfy the hazmat awareness, and ICS?

How do you guys keep track of the required courses and CEU credits, in case an audit comes around, especially if required courses like CBRNE that I took provided no certificate of completion, just signing a CEU sheet?

Edited by musicislife

Not sure how NJ does it, you could call them and ask?  As for as keeping track of CEU credits, I have to do this for my CEN and CCRN.  I have a binder with a tab for each month and put my certificates in under the month that I did the CEU and at the front I keep an excel spreadsheet with the date I did the CEU, the CEU, and the number of credits.