So sorry about this question!

Karly

I'm so glad you came back,  shows gumption. and I wasn't berating you, I was just letting you know that some of those people in your class might just surprise you.  

but yes, practicing on other people is just par for the course, but I am surprised that they are making you bring in someone from your circle of friends to practice on.  maybe you could bring one of your frenemies!!!! ha ha

But seriously,  the more practice you get the better you get.  But I do have to tell you, there were some people in my class who I still to this day shake my head and wonder "how the hell did they make it out of medic school when they get lost in a paper bag"

keep your chin up, you might just like this stuff enough to go on and be a medic or a doctor or what not. 

Probably not a doctor. I wouldn't want to be that last person that the buck gets passes up-to. My uncle is a city medic and told me once I finish the class (since I'll know some of the basic stuff like iv's, ekg, etc, etc) come and do ride-a-long for a shift. So I might have to take that offer up! I appreciate the info. I like people who don't mind giving advice to questions that probably seem silly to them haha. 

Probably not a doctor. I wouldn't want to be that last person that the buck gets passes up-to. My uncle is a city medic and told me once I finish the class (since I'll know some of the basic stuff like iv's, ekg, etc, etc) come and do ride-a-long for a shift. So I might have to take that offer up! I appreciate the info. I like people who don't mind giving advice to questions that probably seem silly to them haha. 

Karly, you should have seen the questions I asked when i first came here many moons ago.  A guy named Dust, let me have it many times, and then a guy named AKFlightmedic set me straight and then I met the two of them and I was humbled.  

There are such things as silly questions but not to the person asking them.  But your question was not silly it was a genuine question and it deserved a answer just like every other question that comes here.  Please come back again with more questions, we are here to help and be a sounding board for questions both silly and non.