9/11 - What do the younger ones think?

emt2359

I can tell you that many of the young people I have talked to don't really even have an idea of what 9/11 was all about.  they just think it was a terrorist attack.  Not much more.  

Unfortunately just watch any of the man on the street bits that have been done on late night tv, it's disheartening.  

All i remember from that day is the image of towers burning while i stood terrified watching TV with my grandmother I was only 4 at the time. I think people don't actually care about the lives which were lost by first-responders and civilians and that enrages me. Don't get me wrong I enjoy the cookies some families brought to the station on 9/11 but i would rather have them pray for the families who lost their loved ones on that day because they are the ones who need to know others care.

Sept 11 is about the only day I miss living in NY.  There are so many memories from that day.  My wife and I talk about it with our kids, even though 3/4 of them weren't born then.  They know what it is although they are not old enough to appreciate the significance yet.  Now that the museum is open I plan on bringing them to it to see the history.  Being from NY, you either were related to someone or knew someone that was lost that day.  We moved to MI a few months before the 5 year anniversary.  My wife was listening to one of the local radio stations and heard one of the on air personalities say something like, "I don't understand why we make such a big deal about it.  It was 5 years ago, it's time to get over it."  My wife called the radio station and went off on the poor person that answered the phone.  

• Like 1