Online Gaming

ERDoc

19 hours ago, scubanurse said:

So that's why it takes you doc's forever and a day to put orders in... pfft. :D

No, that's because Cerner is acting up again.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, paramedicmike said:

It's an electronic medical record software package.  It can be... challenging.

Challenging is an understatement and I build and design it for you guys,  well not you Mike, but at my hospital I do.  

If you all would be more clear in your design requirements it would be easier on me - just kidding.  

As much as I put down Cerner, I've had some experience with Epic and MediTech (the DOS 3.1 version I think) and Cerner is by far the best and easiest to use, which is why we are getting rid of it.  @Ruffmeister Paramedic, they never ask the people that need to use it how to set it up best.  They ask the suits who want it to look the best and the billing people, screw the clinical folks, they aren't important.

On 5/5/2016 at 6:51 PM, ERDoc said:

As much as I put down Cerner, I've had some experience with Epic and MediTech (the DOS 3.1 version I think) and Cerner is by far the best and easiest to use, which is why we are getting rid of it.  @Ruffmeister Paramedic, they never ask the people that need to use it how to set it up best.  They ask the suits who want it to look the best and the billing people, screw the clinical folks, they aren't important.

Actually Doc, I disagree with you on the clinical folks comment.  maybe at your hospital where you have had cerner they did not involve you in the design of the system, but my current facility and at a majority of where I've been at, the suits only paid for the system, the clinicians and the front line people are and have been heavily involved in how the product turned out.  

As a matter of fact, nearly every change that I have made in the system since I have been employed at my current employer, has come from a clinician giving me a change suggestion.  Of course the higher ups are the ones who have approved those changes but the initial change request has come from a tech or nurse, or doc.  And I've made over 75 changes in the past year, some as miniscule as a form change all the way up to a new Alcohol withdrawal protocol/powerplan/iview change as well as a RAPT Score form jsut to name a few.  

Sucks that you have had that experience.  

Damn it Ruff, don't rain on my parade.  I like to be able to blame the system for everything that annoys me.  I know they get input from us, but with the way we have it set up, I can't imagine any clinician would have thought it was a good idea.  Is PowerNote part of Cerner or is that a separate operation?