I'm ...back!

Ridryder 911

....... or at the time you couldn't make a post about almost anything, regardless of subject, without being attacked from five different ways. When I started we discussed, then came the name calling, personal insults, and it became as if it was a competition. .....

That atmosphere is no longer allowed.  Please feel free to hit the report button if that comes up.

• Like 3

That atmosphere is no longer allowed.  Please feel free to hit the report button if that comes up.

Absolutely, I would hope that after the sort of drop off of posting to this site over the past year some of those who tended to attack posters for questions asked reviewed their posting style and I would hope that they (I may have been guilty at times) took a look at the way they responded and will post differently.  

i'm hoping that Admin/mods and to some extent the community will self police and nip it in the bud.  

time will tell.  

Many is the times I have told new members of the City, to clarify why they feel another's statements are wrong, not to use the concept of the individual being some kind of jerk to post whatever statement (s)he disagrees with. 

Edited by Richard B the EMT
  • Like 1

Many is the times I have told new members of the City, to clarify why they feel another's statements are wrong, not to use the concept of the individual being some kind of jerk to post whatever statement (s)he disagrees with. 

Unfortunately, many new members would get upset or their feelings hurt and they would never return.  I think over the past year, when our posting count was in the toilet, we ran off more people than we attracted.  

I'd like to see that reverse itself.  

Now with another similar site that I belong to geting ready to shutter it's doors, this site will need to attract more members again.  Let's not let it get like it was last year.  

• Like 1

Sounds like back years ago when I was one of the "monitors". The one thing I stressed that if someone was wrong that there would be no name calling or derogatory remarks made. You corrected them. Then you had those who would call you out saying you were wrong. To make it worse they would not give their "right" answer. But I'm glad to see that you all have addressed it.

Sounds like back years ago when I was one of the "monitors". The one thing I stressed that if someone was wrong that there would be no name calling or derogatory remarks made. You corrected them. Then you had those who would call you out saying you were wrong. To make it worse they would not give their "right" answer. But I'm glad to see that you all have addressed it.

• Like 1

Rayster gezz its been forever. Rid you need to get this party started with all your wisdom and knowledge... Paramedic Mike thanks for the warm welcome back! Doc did you really steal Ruffs sense of humor? :D

WHERE IS SPENAC?

Don't know.  Ain't seen him here in ages.

As a reminder, "Patience is a virtue." Well it's been so long since I've been active here at the "City", that's what I'm going to request for. So I'm  going to submit a LOT of apologizes ahead of myself. If I'm too confusing, then just ignore me until I get reoriented. THANX.

Don't know.  Ain't seen him here in ages.

;)

As a reminder, "Patience is a virtue." Well it's been so long since I've been active here at the "City", that's what I'm going to request for. So I'm  going to submit a LOT of apologizes ahead of myself. If I'm too confusing, then just ignore me until I get reoriented. THANX.

Welcome back

A cup of patience is to your right, a cup of coffee to the left, a big cup of welcome back is to the left. lol:ph34r:

Edited by itku2er
i am stupid lol

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.