International Positions

I know that this is not the International forum, but that one seems a bit restricted to three countries.

My new Chief asked me to come onto the EMS forums I'm a member of and put this out there.

We are looking for Western trained medics with a minimum of three years of experience to come and work in Saudi Arabia. It's definitely not a highspeed/low drag job, but it is interesting.

If anyone is interested, PM me and I'll get back to you with details

Thanks.

Part of the issue appears to be the lack of real advertising stateside. 95% of the US medics I know have no clue about overseas jobs unless they were prior military.

there are quite a few folks that have done overseas EMS contract work over the past 15 years in the sandbox area of ops.

How to advertise to them????

You could contact State EMS agencies and see if they have a help wanted page on websites.

We had a bunch of folks back in the 90's from Maine went over on 12 month contract to Saudi for training purposes.

Ads went out from state web serv list.

That's among the problems. The ones who do hear "Middle East" automatically assume a salary of $100,000+. Those days are gone, unless you manage to get a PSD gig. With the wind down of ops in Iraq and A-stan, not many of those around. And the ones that are have their pick of former military medics who may have even been based in the same area.

International recruitment seems to be the weak link. I learned through a female friend who worked admin stuff in Iraq. She said to just google it, and that's what I did. I think maybe there could be also the news reports that turn people off from these jobs. It sounds too dangerous to them.

The funny thing for me is that I was recruited by a Canadian firm, and not a US one. :rolleyes2:

I think that you are doing the best you can with what you have. Just advertise here and at other sites. If you want pm me and I'll give you a site to go to or just look at my signature and get a account there, you can talk about your needs there all you want. Look at my signature grasshopper.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.