Paramedic Programs In And Around South Jersey

I've been an EMT for over a year and had a few hundred patient contacts as a provider. I am seriously considering taking the next step in my EMS Education. I'm looking to find out what some of the good programs that are based in and around South Jersey. The one that's closest to me is Virtua's School of Paramedic Sciences. Has anyone had any experience with this programs and is able to provide any feedback. Thanks, It's greatly appreciated

I definitely would like to venture out of the state at some point in the future. I've gotten my national registry certification. From my understanding most of the country's EMS System is vastly different from NJs/

an understatement at the least.

NJ is an island all of it's own when it comes to prehospital care.

the land of the vollie FAS with million dollar halls with bars ,and hospital based ALS .

I definitely would like to venture out of the state at some point in the future. I've gotten my national registry certification.

As an EMT maintaining a NR EMT certification depends on where you are. And moving with a NR EMT certification is hit or miss. Some places will accept it. Other states will tell you they don't care.

As a paramedic, however, maintaining a NRP certification can be beneficial when it comes to reciprocity paperwork. It will help make the process somewhat easier if and when you decide to move.

From my understanding most of the country's EMS System is vastly different from NJs/

No. NJEMS is vastly different from the rest of the country. With the First Aid Council hold on state EMS it's amazing that NJ has a functioning EMS system at all.

• 2 years later...