Quality books?

So what kind of medical books are you reading this month? I try to rotate through a new book each month with a new subject thats caught my eye. What are you reading lately?

Vaccines and Autism - The truth, the myth and how Jenny McCarthy and Andrew Wakefield screwed a bunch of kids.

Oh wait, that's not a book, well it should be. !!!!!!!

So what kind of medical books are you reading this month? I try to rotate through a new book each month with a new subject thats caught my eye. What are you reading lately?

You first. Why didn't you answer your own question?

Personally, I like Annals of EM, AEM Journal and Prehospital Emergency Care. There are a few throwaway magazines that have interesting articles. Don't read too many "medical books" any more since by the time they are published, they are usually outdated.

I also read anything medically wikipedia based!!!!!

but seriously, I just got done reading some really good End of the world Virus killed us all books. Based in facts but scary as hell.

You first. Why didn't you answer your own question?

That would make sense, wouldn't it?

I've been on an ECG kick lately. This month has been "12 -lead ECG The Art of Interpretation." by Dr. Garcia

I also read anything medically wikipedia based!!!!!

but seriously, I just got done reading some really good End of the world Virus killed us all books. Based in facts but scary as hell.

Read Biohazard by Ken Alibek.

Every EMS library should have

1. Rin-tin-tinalli's "Emergency Medicine"

2. Dale Dubins "Rapid interpretation of EKG's

3. Pathophysiology by Copstead and Banasik (sharing some love for a local author and great text)

4. Nancy Caroline's "Emergency Care in the Streets" preferably an old edition and a new one, to compare how evolutionary EMS is.

5. The full 7 book Brady series, Paramedic Care by Bledsoe, Porter, et all.

6. "Paramedic Emergency Care" by Bledsoe 1997 edition for those days you don't want to have a full reference library in your backpack. (See #5)

7. "A paramedics story: Life, Death and everything in between" Steven "Kelly" Grayson. Just an overall great read.

8. "Emergency Laughter" by Mike Cyra ( a quick, easy read to fix a bad mood) and I haven't seen him post in a while, but a EMTCity local...

9. THE 1966 White paper "Accidental Death and Disability: The neglected disease of Modern Society" ('cause know your roots!)

10. Last but far from least, the wee little books: a PDR/Terrascon pocket pharmacopeia, IRPG, Hazmat Emergency Response guide.

Bayamedic aka Medic 203