Green and greener

Welcome.

Mold can be green. So can fungi.

And avocados.

And unripe bananas.

Fried green tomatoes are pretty tasty.

It's not easy being green. It can make you wonder why. But, why wonder?

Why is the sky blue? Because if it were green we wouldn't know where to stop mowing.

I also like green eggs and ham, but green medics are usually moldy and moldable into very good medics because they don't have bad habits that they have learned from being an EMT for a year that they have been fed from that line of bullshit that someone told them they had to be a emt for a year before going to medic school which just isn't true.

As you can see, I have not had my 64 ounces of diet soda yet.

Welcome, despite the fact that you have been welcomed by our resident psych cases, we are a pretty normal bunch around here. You did the right thing by going right to medic school and don't let anyone tell you different.

• Like 1

AMEN brother, don't let anyone (my opinion here) tell you that you have to get a year of experience as an EMT first before going to medic school. That's just balderdash I say, balderdash, a rumor which has gotten spread by many well meaning people over the years.

Welcome to the looney bin! There is such a wealth of knowledge on this forum, so use it to your advantage. I agree with the others, it is good that you went to medic school quickly. Working as an EMT does nothing to teach you how to be a solid medic, just as you don't need to be a CNA before becoming an RN or PA before becoming an MD. Look through the discussion boards, post questions and replies, but most importantly, just use us as resources as you continue on your journey. We tend to be a bit looney but chalk that up to the centuries (ok probably more like a decade, but Ruff and Mike alone account for a majority of it) of experience on this board.

I wonder how many total years of experience actually is found on this board?

I have been in EMS since 1996(off and on), non practicing at this time but still working in a health care environment, making ER's and now inpatient floors safer environments in terms of charting on medical records.

Hoping to return to the field in the next 2-3 months in a strictly part time basis. So I guess 20 years nearly for me.

Feel free to ask more questions, the looney bin is available for your perusal at any time.

I've been involved in medicine since 1991 (but didn't get my first call until Jan 1992), so I have 24 years experience. I hope you crazies haven't scared off the OP.

"strictly part time basis," famous last words.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.