Looking for article on EMS deaths

MedicAR

I have spent the better part of the afternoon trying to find an article that I am certain that I read online at one of the EMS journals. It was reporting the results of a study on deaths of providers after leaving EMS. The authors of the study had been researching another topic when they came to the realization that a large number of EMS providers die within three years of leaving EMS. It didn't matter if they retired, resigned, were forced out, or whatever, a large number passed within three years of leaving the business. The article itself appeared definitely within the last six months, I think three months is more realistic.

Does anyone else recall it? If so, can you provide a link? I am starting to think I dreamed the whole thing up.

I know this has nothing to do with this topic MedicAR but this came up with my searching for you. Some great information about line of duty deaths due to violence. I urge everyone to read this website.

http://www.davesems.com/Data_EMS.html

Sorry for hijacking your thread -

Edited by Ruffmeister Paramedic

• 4 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.