hpgryffn

Hey all, So I've got my orientation for SeniorCare in Bronx tomorrow and I'm not really sure what to expect. We have 4 days of orientation each 9 am-6pm. Can anyone give me a general idea of what will be going on? And should I dress in any particular way or would casual be fine? Thanks!

This is information you should have received from your employer. Orientation generally consists of review of company policies and procedures, benefits (if applicable) and any specific training that may be required. Whether this is what will will happen to you or not is something I don't think anyone here can tell you. You'll find out when you show up.

Unless they've told you otherwise then you dress for success. It's easier to take off a tie and open a shirt collar than it is to find one when you've shown up in jeans and a t-shirt. This is a job. Be a professional. Start from day one.

• Like 1

What Mike said

Show up ready to go to work dressed professionally.

No need for a full suit, but dress pants and button down shirt at a minimum with nice stury shoes or polished work type boots. did you see how the other employees were attired when you went for your interview?

follow that lead and you will be good. You may also want to have some less business clothes in your car in case they want you to go through a lifting / carrying test .

And also make sure that you are there on time and on the right day. Do not leave until they dismiss you.

Expect driver's training as well.

Bring a notebook, two pens, leave your cell phone in your pocket or your car.

NOTHING pissed me off more than orientee's texting on their cell phones when I was giving them information about the company and what they were to be doing for said company.

Oh yeah, one other thing, deodorant and toothpaste are required items. Not saying that you don't use them but there have been orientee's who in my opinion had never seen nor heard of those two items.

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.