Failed NREMT, do I have to pay again?

I will further say, if you look at any corporate business commercial on TV, most are not steered towards us old farts (unless it is Depends, ED drugs or other drugs, or Senior Life Insurance); most are reaching to a younger demographic to keep the customers coming. Maybe we should stop eating our young posters, and welcome them with open arms. We were all young and dumb and some point, if this site is to continue, we need young folks to come in and post. Otherwise, in five years, it will just be the same old 8 posters on here.

I would say it was snarky or ass-holish, there is nothing in the OPs post to suggest whether they were taking the EMTB, EMTA, or EMTP test, they just said they failed the NREMT exam. Yes, it was probably EMT B, but who knows. Maybe this is why this site is dying ?????

Actually if he's a newbie and taking the NREMT exam, that's EMT-B. They are making sure newbies know the new titles (NREMT, NRAEMT, and NR-P).

• Like 1

I would say it was snarky or ass-holish, there is nothing in the OPs post to suggest whether they were taking the EMTB, EMTA, or EMTP test, they just said they failed the NREMT exam. Yes, it was probably EMT B, but who knows. Maybe this is why this site is dying ?????

it was an assumption they were taking the emtb based on how the OP started the question.

deer in the headlights style" So I failed my"

What would you rather see as a response????

" Well now now little one, it's ok to not achieve your goals in life and don't worry about not being able to pass a basic course exam.

We'll just make it easier for you and draw the questions out with crayons so you can color in the answers and achieve your goals of being an EMT". :wtf:

Edited by island emt

Could it be that we know that the National Registry is just a testing machine that prefers that you fail so that they can collect more money ? My State had an instructor that was caught cheating by giving the answers to the test to his students (years ago). Every since, we have had a very high failure rate as the National Registry made sure that students in our state got the hardest test they had. Those who failed two or three times, went to neighboring states and passed the test with flying colors on the first take. Now we can argue who is right or wrong, but to claim that all students who fail the test are automatically stupid is not fair in my book. As with all things in EMS, there is more grey, than black and white.

The CBT is a computer generated test from a bank of thousands of questions based on the the knowledge taught in the particular level of class.

It asks a series of questions and based on the testee's answers adjusts the next series of questions accordingly.

Unlike the old style paper tests that were supposed to be kept in a safe and guarded like bearer bonds, and had a printed answer sheet.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.