Are These EMS Type Of Websites Dying ?

• 2 weeks later...

I think people are getting burned out from forums. Even forums I go on that aren't related to EMS are slowing down. I think people are just bored with it. Since most everyone has facebook/twitter now, and they're a little easier to communicate on.

• 4 months later...

I think people are getting burned out from forums. Even forums I go on that aren't related to EMS are slowing down. I think people are just bored with it. Since most everyone has facebook/twitter now, and they're a little easier to communicate on.

I might be old but personally I think that twitter and  snap chat, are just two of the stupidest things I have seen. I am old so believe me I have seen lots of stupid things!:rolleyes:

I have a bagphone in my parents basement.  It just sits' there waiting for the apocolypse. I also have a rotary phone hooked up to my cable phone line. 

I think that Facebook, Twitter and all those other things have taken away from the forums since they are quick and easy to do on the go. While I think most forums are around to get more knowledge or have deeper conversation on a subject matter.

You just can't communicate clearly and to the fullest extent on "social media" while it is nice and practical it doesn't meet as many needs a a forum does.

• Like 1

meh this site has always been hit or miss for me, I look at it and come back a few months later. I find many of the conversations low brow or irrelevant. There is a gem to read once in awhile.

There is so much to "EMS" i just really can't relate too, interfacility, low paying bullshit jobs, volunteers on here talking about badges and other such nonsense.

Guess I am just spolied.

I echo doc's sentiments,  what can be done to improve?  I mean you criticize the site but why not help improve it and add some gems of discussions?  Not sniping you at all but if you are going to criticize the site and say it's low bow or irrelevant and you don't return then you are (and many here) are part of the problem and maybe you should (if you like the site) help make the site better.  

Post a scenario, post a discussion, post something that would help someone relate to this site and help them become a better medic or emt!!!

This site is ours to make better, or ours to make into a turd, and you know what they say about turds,  you can shine a turd all you want, but in the end it's still a .............................................................................................................TURD!

Hey trackmedic, wasn't specifically calling you out, but some people come here and say "this site sucks or to that effect" and they don't offer suggestions but just bitch.  and then go away.  I would love to see when they bitch and moan, provide suggestions as to why this site sucks.  

if you are going to complain as to why the site sucks, tell admin or tell us in a post why it sucks!!! that way someone can do something about it.  Don't just say it sucks and then go away.  

Stick around and make it unsucky.  :mellow:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.